By Paul Dix
the total advisor to construction hugely Scalable, Services-Based Rails functions
Ruby on Rails deployments are transforming into, and Rails is more and more being followed in higher environments. this day, Rails builders and designers desire greater how one can interface with legacy structures, flow into the cloud, and scale to deal with greater volumes and larger complexity. In Service-Oriented layout with Ruby and Rails Paul Dix introduces a strong, services-based layout technique aimed toward overcoming a majority of these demanding situations. utilizing Dix’s innovations, readers can leverage the total advantages of either Ruby and Rails, whereas overcoming the problems of operating with higher codebases and groups.
Dix demonstrates the best way to combine a number of parts inside an company software stack; create prone which could simply develop and fasten; and layout structures which are more uncomplicated to keep up and improve. Key ideas are defined with special Ruby code equipped utilizing open resource libraries similar to ActiveRecord, Sinatra, Nokogiri, and Typhoeus. The e-book concludes with insurance of defense, scaling, messaging, and interfacing with third-party prone.
Service-Oriented layout with Ruby and Rails may help you
- Build hugely scalable, Ruby-based carrier architectures that function easily within the cloud or with legacy systems
- Scale Rails platforms to deal with extra requests, greater improvement groups, and extra complicated code bases
- Master new top practices for designing and growing prone in Ruby
- Use Ruby to attach jointly providers written in any language
- Use Ruby libraries to construct and devour RESTful internet services
- Use Ruby JSON parsers to speedy symbolize assets from HTTP services
- Write light-weight, well-designed API wrappers round inner or exterior services
- Discover robust non-Rails frameworks that simplify Ruby provider implementation
- Implement standards-based company messaging with complex Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP)
- Optimize functionality with load balancing and caching
- Provide for safeguard and authentication